Saturday, January 10, 2009

Belton, North Lincolnshire, England A Round Orange Ball

Posted: January 10, 2009

Date: December 31, 2008
Time: 9:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: A round orange ball
Weather Conditions: n/a

Description: It appeared in the sky coming towards the house. I initially thought it was a light aircraft on fire, as a flight path for Robin Hood airport goes over the house. I thought it was going to go out of sight over the house but it moved sharp left onto Westgate Road and stopped above the public house. The colour then started to fade into a faint red. I opened the window but could hear no sound whatsoever. It hovered there for approx 2xminutes before slowly moving back towards the M180 motorway.

-----

UFOINFO Note: As with other similar reports I asked the witness to have a look at the UFO Balloons website to see if this is what might have been seen and received the following reply:

Hi John, I have looked at the site, and no, what I saw looked nothing like it. As I said it was an orange ball and my immediate thought was something was on fire. When it was hovering over the Wheatsheaf Public House which I can see clearly from where I live, it changed in colour to a faint purply red for a good 2/3 minutes before moving off. Living under a flightpath, I know it wasn't an aircraft or an helicopter as these fly daily to Santoft airfield half a mile away. What was also strange was it just seemed to "appear." I can only say that I was amazed at what I saw that night and will never forget it. Kind Regards.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: