Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ross On Wye, Herefordshire, England Round Orange Light

Posted: January 11, 2009

Date: December 25, 2009
Time: 19.38, and again at 20.12.

Number of witnesses: 3
Number of objects: 3
Shape of objects: Pale orange, round
Weather Conditions: Dry, cool, very still and quiet. Some cloud higher up.

Description: Taking an evening walk around the block to work off our Christmas dinner, my 16 year old son and I Saw a pale orange light stationary in the sky to the West. My son asked me what it was. I began to say I thought it was a star, but then as we watched it began moving, right to left horizontally across the sky in front of us. Speed was constant/steady. After perhaps 20-30 seconds the object appeared to turn away from us and disappeared. As we peered up into the night sky, miraculously a second identical object appeared, just where we had seen the first one initially. It was not static, but was already moving at the same constant speed, again right to left. It too was clearly visible for approximately 20-30 seconds before also turning away from us and immediately vanishing from view. There was absolutely no sound. A dog walker also observed these lights and paused for a while to watch them close to where we were standing. We did not discuss with him however because he then walked away in the opposite direction. I was baffled. Tried to think of an explanation for my son but could not. I estimate the lights were perhaps half a mile away and perhaps 100-150 feet up in the air (although it is hard to be precise in the dark). We continued our on walk, but then on our way back home later, at 20.12, we saw a third orange light perform the same silent sequence. I am not a UFO watcher and am open minded either way. I note somebody else on this site saw something similar on Christmas night in Monmouth, which is just ten miles West of here, and so that is why I am logging our sighting now.

TV/Radio: Not that I am aware of - although I haven't actually looked.

-----

UFOINFO Note: As with other similar reports I asked the witness to have a look at the UFO Balloons website to see if this is what might have been seen and received the following reply:

Hi John,

Thanks for your e mail.

In fact I had already watched the video clip of these balloons and what we saw on Christmas night was nothing like that.

All three pale orange lights followed exactly the same flight pattern: right to left, perfectly horizontally before seeming to turn away from us and vanishing completely. There was absolutely no sound.

My son, who at 16 has sharper eyesight than me, could also make out a disc shape beneath at least one of these lights and so I have told him to log his sighting on your website.

I neglected to mention that when the second orange light turned away from us and immediately disappeared I noticed - very briefly - a small red light (within the overall orange light) which appeared to flash twice. Not sure what this was, but it was very feint.

I have never seen anything like this before and cannot think what these lights could have been. Seem to have been a number of similar sightings logged however. Any idea what they might be? Kind regards.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: