Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ocean Village, Southampton, Hampshire, England Circular Lights

Posted: January 10, 2009

Date: September 2002 (?)
Time: Between 9:00 and 11:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 2
Shape of objects: Circular lights, two of them in parallel.
Weather Conditions: Clear night, some cloud.

Description: First of all I want to say that the only reason I'm writing this is that I'm up in Scotland with my wife and brother in law and he's just reported a sighting on your site (you sent him a website on UFO balloons which we've been looking at). I saw them also and actually stayed outside for another 20 mins with camera on the off chance they came back! I have seen something strange before and interested in knowing whether anyone has seen anything similar.
Apologies for vagueness of date, etc, it was years ago and they might not be accurate - but it's still vivid in my mind and I'm determined to finally report it somewhere.

I lived in Ocean Village at the time in Southampton, a Waterfront flat, and was out on the patio - I saw what looked like two shooting stars running in parallel, so called my girlfriend. But I've seen shooting stars a few times and there was no trail. So it looked like two lights, travelling at very high speed, completely in parallel going across the sky. No noise. I was frustrated as I was pointing them to my girlfriend who was looking up but couldn't see them. The part that makes me report this is that something weird then happened, as the lights started interchanging, weaving back and forth very quickly, almost in figure of 8 patterns (for about 2 secs, structured movement) then really sped up and shot off at unbelievable speed in different directions. I did look up the internet and there was a picture which pretty much looked exactly like what I had seen - two circular lights. I've been having a look tonight but I can't find the picture or I'd send it.

The speed, movement and structure of the movements were very unusual, definitely not an aircraft and the distance covered was large enough for it not to have been a projection of lights from the ground. Would be very interested to know if anyone has seen something similar. The weirdest part of all was the movement at the end - again it seemed controlled, but I have never seen anything move at such speed. It did happen quickly, but I know what I saw.

TV/Radio: Not that I'm aware of, but I wish I'd checked.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: