Friday, January 9, 2009

Leigh, Greater Manchester UK A Diamond Shaped Orange/Red Light

Posted: January 9, 2009

Date: December 24, 2008
Time: Approx: 7:30 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Leigh, Gr Manchester.
Number of witnesses: 5
Number of objects: ?
Shape of objects: Diamond at first then round.

Full Description of event/sighting: On Christmas Eve at approx 7-30 pm my wife and I were driving up Wigan Road, Leigh, Lancashire, when I noticed a diamond shaped orangey/red light with colour inside the shape, hovering over houses on my right side just after the Royal Oak Public-house. I also noticed a group of people on the left hand side of the road in front of the Chinese take-away looking up at the light.

My wife and I discussed the light as we were driving towards it, as we were approaching I asked my wife to see if she could see any detail as we drove up to and past it. My wife's description was what I was seeing. We turned right at Tennyson Avenue and got out of the car to have a better look. The diamond light was now behind us in the same area as before. I considered it to be over 100 feet up but not much higher. The light was the same as we saw when driving past it while in the car. A lot of other people must have seen it.

I decided to go home and use my binoculars on the light, as we were nearly home. On reaching home I looked in the direction of were the lights had been, while my wife looked for the binoculars, I could not see anything. We looked for five minutes then went in. Shortly after (about 20 minutes) I had to go out to the garage. I noticed the light again (same direction) and called my wife, I also made neighbor aware of the orange light. During the next twenty minutes the light moved slowly upwards from a static position from slightly over the houses to nearly directly overhead, then disappearing through a gap in the clouds. Once it disappeared, the light re-appeared back in the same position over the houses, it did these 3 times. My wife said there were 2 other lights close to the orange light on the first movement up, but I only saw the one.

During both sightings there was no noise. If the object had been an aeroplane or a helicopter, we would have clearly heard the engine noise. The whole sighting lasted 40-45 minutes. Shortly after the lights had disappeared, an helicopter came from behind us travelling fairly fast going in the direction of were the lights had been static we heard the noise of the helicopter before we saw it and heard it all the time it took to travel to the area were the light had been.

Thank you to the witness for their sighting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: Website:,, HBCC UFO Research International:

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: