Monday, January 3, 2011

Many Orange Lights Over Gateshead Tyne And Wear UK (Lanterns)

Date: January 1, 2011
Time: After Midnight

Hi, I’ve just been looking on the internet to see if anyone else saw the orange lights I saw on New Years eve, just gone, and found your site. I was at my mum’s house having a ciggie at the back door and watched at least five orange lights fly overhead. My mum lives in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear. So they were visible in the Northeast of England too.

I eventually pointed one out to my mum, having gone back inside I didn’t tell anyone as they may think I was just exaggerating, but having seen in the New Year, going back outside to my dad’s car to be taken home, the lights were still going overhead, so there must have been a steady stream of them whilst I was otherwise occupied.

Being driven home they were still coming towards the same direction, making a total of 6 that I did see. I tried taking a photo on my phone, but all I got was the black sky. They were following one another at a steady speed, at the same height, going in the same direction. As some people have suggested Chinese lanterns, I don’t think lanterns would stay at the same height at the same time or all travel in the same direction. They were pretty bright lights too. Yours Sincerely.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: