Friday, January 2, 2009

Twydall, Gillingham, Kent, England Round Balls Of Fire

Posted: January 2, 2009

Date: December 23, 2008
Time: 6:45 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 3
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Round balls of fire.
Weather Conditions: Misty and clearish sky with elements of cloud.

Description: I am not sure in honesty what this was- I don't even believe in UFO's but I must admit that I am baffled. I was standing outside the front of my house with my sister when we saw a bizarre orange light in the sky. It was moving rather quickly and did not seem to be at a tremendous altitude. It was absolutely silent and quite disconcerting. It seemed to be moving at about the speed of a helicopter, however at the altitude it appeared to be at a helicopter
would have been clearly audible. After 30 seconds meandering across the sky it stopped and then curved about 20 degrees in movement. Then after a brief pause of 10 seconds it appeared to increase in altitude at a pretty fast rate. It dimmed to red and disappeared with very little warning in a matter of 10 seconds.

I noticed another 2 reports on this website locally to here (Strood, Kent is part of the same conurbation and Gravesend is 10 minutes drive away), and have considered the possibility of a UFO balloon or a weather balloon. However it did not appear to move like any balloon I have ever seen as it's speed seemed more akin to that of an aircraft or helicopter. Indeed I would have assumed that it was one or the other of those if it weren't for the fact that it was dead
silent, it appeared to stop for a brief while quite suddenly, the light it gave off was not like any I had seen in the sky before and it's very rapid increase in altitude and its subsequent disappearance.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I doubt very much that it has anything to do with aliens or anything like that (after all, if they could travel trillions of miles to get to this planet I feel they would also take care not to be so obvious about it) but it was still bizarre and I felt that I should relate it to somebody who has spent more time collecting information on such objects (after all, I would describe it as a UFO as I certainly couldn't identify what it could be).

Thank you again for your time, the event has certainly got me thinking about things a fair amount more and I am certainly less dismissive about the subject of UFO's as a consequence.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: