Thursday, November 6, 2008

Worthing, West Sussex, England An Illumined Cylinder

Posted: November 6, 2008

Date: October 13, 2008
Time: 9:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Changing.
Weather Conditions: Clear with some cloud.

Description: I saw either the same light-object as previously seen on the 10th October. This time it was slightly to more West and an hour earlier. (I'll eat my hat, if it turns out to be a star!) But I doubt it is a star, as I had a good and more clear-headed look at it last night.

Shape: I think it's an illumined cylinder or long thin cone. I also think it was revolving, slowly, as it looked like a round light (the front end, two lights, (turned slightly) growing to a line. I don't know how far away it was; it looked about 1/2 centimeter, through window. It stayed in the same place again for about 20 minutes. I got up to look out of a different window and by the time I got there, it had vanished.

Colour: This, I don't understand. I have two sets of binoculars, both about X25 mag. Through one set, it appeared arc-light green. Through the other, bright but smoky orange. ????

I will try and find out if it's a blimp or some kind of tethered illuminated balloon or something. (But why would it get turned off at different times?) Without binoculars, it looked like a large, bright star.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: