Saturday, November 1, 2008

Folkestone, Kent, England Upside Down Light Bulb Shaped Object

Posted: November 1, 2008

Date: October 11, 2008
Time: 22.30 - 23.10

Number of witnesses: 10 - 15
Number of objects: 25 - 30
Shape of objects: Upside down light bulb shape, glowing orange.
Weather Conditions: Fine and clear moonlit night, no wind.

Description: I looked out of the window on hearing a noise (Someone was shouting) and saw an glowing orange ball of light. I went outside to get a better look and was amazed to see several of them moving across the sky at a steady pace, then a gap of about 2 minutes then several more. it went on like this for about 30 - 40 minutes. I saw 25 - 30 in all and there were a few people out in the street watching them. My friends daughter got a pic on her phone and it looked like an upside down light bulb. As they moved across the sky we did not lose sight of them over the rooftops, instead they gained altitude and disappeared into the distance. I have since been told they were hot air balloons but I'm not convinced about that!

-----

UFOINFO Note: As with other similar reports I asked the witness to have a look at the UFO Balloons website to see if this is what might have been seen and received the following reply:

Hello John,

It turns out that they were indeed Chinese Lanterns, launched from the local venue in celebration of an Indian wedding.

I had not heard of these things before, what a disappointment!

Regards,

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: