Saturday, March 12, 2011

Glowing Orange Ball Over Blouberg Beach Table View Cape Town South Africa

Date: March 5, 2011
Time: Approx: 10:00 p.m.

Good Day Mr. Vike, my boyfriend and I were having a late night stroll on Blouberg Beach, Table View, Cape Town in South Africa at +-10pm on Saturday, 5 March 2011. The night was clear, cloudless and there was no moon present. We were taking advantage of admiring the stars as we seldom have a windless, clear evening during Cape Town’s wind-blown summers.

I noticed a round, glowing orange ball over the houses close to the beach. It was located low on the horizon, as if just above the roof-tops. I pointed it out to my boyfriend and asked him what he thought this was. I thought it was perhaps a helicopter or low-flying plane which we have over the Table View area from time to time due to an airbase being located +-10km away.

The orange ball then moved towards us and over our heads, there was no sound emitted by this object? Surely a plane or helicopter would make considerable noise. We watched it move directly across the sky in a westerly direction out to sea towards Robben Island. I received a call on my cellphone and lost track of the object. My boyfriend however reports that the object ascended and then promptly “blinked out” and disappeared.

My boyfriend reports that there were “lights” radiating out from the centre of the object and he is convinced it is a UFO. I am unsure as I cannot rationally explain the object we saw and it cannot be likened to anything such as a plane or helicopter.

I would like to know whether any other individuals residing in Table View, Cape Town have experienced this phenomenon and especially whether others observed this sighting on the night in question.

Can you please help?? It will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

3 comments:

Dylan said...

To the lady walking on the beach with her boyfriend.
I stay in tableview 5 minutes walk from the beach.
Two nights ago I experienced exactly what you described....A glowing orange ball coming from the ocean and heading in the direction of durbanville, It flew right over my house, as it was coming towards me I thought It was just a helicopter or plane in the distance, exept it made no sound what so ever which is strange cause no aircraft out is so silent especially at the distance it was from me, as it passed me it pick up speed and disappeared in the distance so fast I new it was a normal aircraft....Stranger yet I looked back in the directon it came from and there were two more, one was triple the size but they didnt move, just stayed hovering in the distance...I went inside and when I came back out the large one had just disappeared.

Dylan said...

To the lady walking with her boyfriend on the beach,
Two nights ago I saw exactly what you described, only difference is that there ere three that night

Dylan said...

t the lady walking on the beach with her boyfriend, two nights ago I saw exactly what you described only difference there were three.