Saturday, October 4, 2008

Worthing, Sussex, UK A Bright Orange Object

Posted: October 4, 2008

Date: September 6, 2008
Time: Approx: 8:30 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Bright orange star that became bigger behind cloud.
Weather Conditions: scattered cloud cover, thickening to full cloud.

Description: I was drawing the curtains, when I saw a small bright orange 'star' fairly low in the sky, looking north east. I looked through binoculars and it was just a point of orange light. It was stationary, for about 20 or so seconds, then it drifted slowly behind cloud. I continued to watch the place. After a while there was a brief glimmer of a much larger orange light that looked like it was made up of four or five lights in a cluster. Then it disappeared.

NB: I have seen a 'fire balloon' recently in Worthing, which seemed like a smoky orange star. That was nearer and through bins looked like a night-light inside 'jellyfish'. This seemed a long way away, did not flicker and seemed stationary. I think if it had been a balloon coming directly towards me, its size would have increased.

TV/Radio: No. Not that I've heard.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: