Friday, October 10, 2008

A38, Ripley, Derbyshire, England Ten Balls Of Light

Posted: October 10, 2008

Date: September 20, 2008
Time: 2:00 a.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 10
Shape of objects: Round.
Weather Conditions: Fine, clear with scattered cloud, lots of moon light.

Description: As I got onto the A38 I saw over to my right several balls of light in the sky, their arrangement and speed did not seem normal so I stopped the car on the hard shoulder of the a38 to get a better look. I think there were 10 of them in all heading north, they moved very slowly and glowed with a white light that sometimes changed to orange, the light was continuous and not flashing. Some seemed to be moving faster than others, there was no noise from them and they did not appear to be very high in the sky or distant but I know this can be hard to judge. If you can imagine the way in which powered hang gliders move in the sky you would get an idea of their motion, some seemed to drift sideward whilst others hardly seemed to move at all, there was no pattern or organization and all seemed to be roughly on the same heading. I cannot think what they were, maybe small balloons containing lights that some prankster released?

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: