Sunday, December 30, 2007

Gers, France Glowing Orange Sphere

Posted: December 30, 2007

Date: 1973 or 1974 Time: 8:00 - 8:15 a.m.

Duration of event: about 5 to 10 minutes Location of event: National Road 124

Number of witnesses: 2 Number of ojects: 1 Shape of object: Orange glowing with defined contour. Complete description of event: It was in 1973 or 1974 and I was 9 or 10 years old. It was around 8 or 8:15 in the morning and my dad was driving me to school like he did every morning then.

Our itinirary started by taking a small road, then a highway and it took about 15 to 20 minutes to cover 12 or 13 km. My father drives slowly, more so when he just started the car's diesel engine.

So we were on our way but after 2 or 3 kms he pointed out to me an object that I couldn't see clearly because my line of vision was not at the right angle. He seemed very surprised by what he was seeing and in fact he was asking me if I was seeing the same thing he did. His vision was not as good as mine and maybe he was hoping I could identify the object correctly. We were going down a little valley and soon we'd loose sight of the object. That's when he sped up to get passed this little valley, so we could get a closer look at the object.

That's when I saw the object properly. It was a sphere, orange is colour, that looked very much like the sun when we can watch it without being blinded. Of course it wasn't the sun. Everybody knows the sun rises east. This was south of us. It was hovering, as if it was suspended to an invisible line in the air. Under it there was a simple field, nothing special. A hedge, a few poles and power lines but nothing more. No high tension line, no transformer.

My father stopped the car on the side of the road and went to the trunk to retrieve his camera. He used it for his job and it contained black and white film. I also got out of the car to see this ball without having the windshield in between. I was rather excited and nervous, like all kids this age. If I had been alone when I saw it, my father would never have believed me. Now it was different, he was with me when we saw it and he saw it first.

The sphere's bottom was paler in colour, as if we'd fill a transparent ball with orange and white paint and the two colours didn't mix well. It gave an impression of changing in colour, it was difficult to determine the exact colour. Bad luck, the time it took my father to take out the camera and take the cap off the lens, the sphere was gone.

It happened so fast that we don't know if it took off vertically instantly or if it just faded out but I saw an vertical line in my eye, sort of like an impression on the retina. The line seemed to lean slightly to the right, so eastern direction, but it could have been perfectly vertical. It was not a line of smoke or steam or light but something difficult to define or explain, as if the sky opened up and took away the ball away then closed up again. It was really a weird feeling. Anyway the vehicles we know of, they have to deal with gravity, thus powerful acceleration that is visible to the naked eye. This went off like a ball, no visible acceleration. It was gone instantly.

Despite my insistance to go and report this at the police station, hence not going to school that day - I was only ten but I wasn't crazy :-) - my father refused and explained to me that other drivers from both directions on RN124 road must have seen it too and they would report it to the police. He was afraid they'd think him crazy or worst, a drunk, if he told them what we saw.

Even after this experience he is still a skeptic in all regards. He's anti-religion too, he says that it's invented by men to control other people. When I talk about our sighting he says that we should stay cautious about what we saw.

He can't deny what we saw! What does he mean "cautious"? Not to talk about it? To not associate it to a ufo? He doesn't want to talk about it in front of other people. Even when we're alone he avoids the subject.

Since then I"ve been searching, reading archives and trying to understand what this could have been. The internet has allowed me to contact people interested by the subject. Before that I didn't know who to talk to.

I know more about the subject now but more questions arised! Reports, pictures, videos are piling up but nothing gets solved.

Have a good week.

Thank you to the person for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: