Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dundee, Scotland Silver Metallic Disc Shaped Object

Posted: December 30, 2007

Date: 1977 or 1978 Time: Late summer morning.

Dear Brian, I read your articles published on the Rense web site with great interest and I would like to tell you of an experience of my own. I have never seen any mention of it in any of the web sites dealing with this sort of thing, but it was well attested at the time.

Between 1973 and 1980 I lived in Dundee, Scotland. In about 1977 or 1978 I was walking to work one late summer morning. It was early and the sun was still quite low in the sky. I happened to look up and saw a silver, metallic disc in the sky above. It was quite prominent because the sun, being so low, was reflecting off it. There were no markings on it that I can remember and I should not like to hazard a guess at its height

At first I presumed it was a helicopter or a weather balloon but as it seemed to be silent and totally static I began to realize that neither of those options was likely. Every fifty yards or so I would take another look and then eventually it was no longer there. I had not seen it go and was rather puzzled by it. When I got to work I mentioned it to one of my colleagues. He immediately passed me a copy of the local morning paper, the Dundee Courier (www.thecourier.co.uk), and in there was quite a prominent article about it.

Evidently there had been a number of these things flying around all night. Dozens of people had been watching them. The local police had been informed and had seen them. The RAF at Leuchars had been informed and, I seem to remember, had sent up a couple of planes to investigate. They reckoned they couldn't see anything!

This, of course, was nonsense. If a few dozen people, including the police, could see these things with their own unaided eyes from the ground then it is quite obvious that the RAF with all their sophisticated surveillance and detection equipment would have been able to see them and track them with no trouble at all.

If you want more details I would suggest you get in touch with the Dundee Courier and read a copy of their original article. It was pretty comprehensive. The Dundee police and the RAF might also be able to help from their records.

Thank you to the person for the report and information.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: