Sunday, December 30, 2007

Bradford, West Yorksire, United Kingdom Lights Making Turns

Posted: December 30, 2007

Date: Mid eighties. Time: About 10:00 -11:00 p.m.

This report is sketchy as it happened a long time ago and I was young at the time.

This happened sometime in the mid eighties, probably around this time of year. At the time I lived in Bradford, West Yorksire, United Kingdom. I lived in a suburb called Nab Wood which is close to Leeds Bradford Airport (close enough that when the Tristar crashed of the end of the runway we could see its tail sticking up on the horizon) I mention this to show I was quite used to aircraft activity.

As I said, I was quite young at the time (probably 10-11 but I can't say for sure) and I was out in the back garden with my dad using a telescope. The night was clear with that clarity that comes from cold air, and as my house was on the edge of the housing estate and at the top of a hill so light pollution was minimal. The garden sloped up from the house so in the position we were in we had a good view over the roof and across the valley.

Whilst my dad set up the telescope I happened to look over the house and saw two points of light moving left to right (I can't give a compass direction as its 17 years since I lived there and I can't remember its orientation but I would guess that the lights were roughly to the north moving west to east). I watched them for a few seconds as nothing more interesting was going on. As they came roughly in line with the house the leading point of light changed direction and came towards me. Within seconds it had passed over the house and disappeared over the hill behind us. The second point of light changed direction as well but it was a much slower turn and took around thirty seconds to cross over us and disappear over the hill.

When the first light passed us there was no noise. When the second passed there was jet engine noise however, this was faint so I would put them at a reasonably high altitude (much higher than the planes leaving the airport)

This was my first sighting and the only one that I remember in any detail. I am sure that I have had other sightings but I can never remember any details beyond knowing I have seen something.

Thanks for your time and if you want more information do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: