Thursday, February 14, 2008

South Croydon London, United Kingdom Bright Orange Lights

Posted: February 14, 2008

Date: October 6, 2007 Time: 11:00 p.m.

Approach Direction: East (roughly). Departure Direction: West. Witness Direction: Looking straight up.

Description: I walked out the house to have a cigarette and noticed the sky was very clear, so I looked up to try and spot some constellations, when all of a sudden I see bright orange lights coming from an easterly direction. I saw six of these lights moving slowly across the sky, all with equal distances between them, except for one which was traveling faster than the others and was overtaking them. I didn't think I'd have the time to run inside and call my girlfriend but then another two lights appear from the East so I ran in and got my girlfriend and a friend who were sitting inside watching TV.

They came outside and saw the two lights move overhead and disappear when a ninth and last light appeared overhead and disappeared in the haze of the atmosphere at about 30 degrees. I am guessing the objects must have been really high up because of the way they 'vanished' out of sight the same way a passing satellite does, through the thickness of the atmosphere.

The lights were bright orange/yellow and didn't seem to flicker, they were completely silent and seemed to follow an orderly line, almost as if they were flying in a formation line, except for the one that was going faster than the others.

Color/Shape: bright orange lights, slightly oval shape, about three times as bright as the brightest stars.

Height & Speed: height: I cannot tell, but I assume they were high up in the atmosphere or even outside it. The objects took about 2 minutes to pass through the sky, going at a consistent speed.

TV/Radio/Press: No reports in the news so far.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: