Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cockermouth, Cumbria, England Reddish - Orange Lights Stationary

Posted: February 14, 2008

Date: October 6, 2007 Time: Evening.

Approach Direction: Easterly. Departure Direction: NNW. Witness Direction: East.

Description: at ten pm I was walking my dogs and seen six reddish orange lights stationary in the eastern sky, my first thoughts were, maybe these lights belong to helicopters but after two minutes of looking and listening I didn't detect any sound and thought that as the hills were in that direction perhaps the lights were being used by hill walkers navigating but as the hills were at least eight miles away it would have meant they were walking at least a mile apart and that wouldn't happen normally, then one of the lights sped off towards the north and disappeared then all but one disappeared as though switched off! the last one stayed put for another couple of minutes then it too vanished , I was astounded and thought perhaps cloud had come in and blanked them out, but a jet-plane was taking a route across the position of the last visible light and was trackable until over the horizon! I've never given a lot of credence to UFO sightings but this incident has opened my eyes which is how I came to be on your website and I have found two other reports on a similar sighting for the same night.

Color/Shape: Reddish/orange.

Height & Speed: 2-3000 ft and hardly moving.

TV/Radio/Press: Not so far.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: