Saturday, December 3, 2011

Red Orange Light Seen Over Seaton Devon England UK

 
Date:  December 4, 2011
Time:  2:10 a.m.
 
Number of witnesses: 2
Sighting lasted for 30 minutes minimum.

Strange light, orange - red in colour. Mainly just above Orion's belt but moves constantly. Not sure on distance or size. Erratic movement. Somewhat similar to a Chinese lantern, however I've set lanterns off. I watched this light for a length of time, any Chinese lantern would of burnt out long before. Nothing light a satellite or meteorite I've ever seen before.

Definitely orangey-red in colour. Size I couldn't even guess nor the shape except it definitely didn't look spherical. Sorry I can't be more precise. The brightness varied, kept fading and brightening up again. At one point it became quite bright before fading again, that's when I saw some kind of non spherical shape.

Size: Afraid I couldn't even hazard a guess. Estimating sizes I just can't do.
Description of Area / Surroundings: I live right on the South coast of England. A little town called Seaton. Very small town, very very little light pollution and to my knowledge no military bases in the surrounding area nor power plants. No weather or research stations. Just a quiet little seaside fishing areas.
 
Full Description and Details: So I was having a smoke from my balcony and saw this. As I said. It was most definitely an Orange-Red colour, very bright and clear. I first noticed it just above Orion's belt and to the left.
 
At first I thought it was simply something you could see at this time of year, a planet maybe or a bright star of note. I thought I was seeing things at first, but after watching for some time it was definitely moving.
 
It's movement was erratic, there seemed to be no pattern as such except a vague circular motion as it traveled right towards Orion's belt. It stayed there for sometime, flitting up, down, left and right in no particular order. The whole time it was getting brighter as if moving closer or becoming more intense and then fading again until it disappeared.
 
This is when I thought it was a Chinese lantern. Just as I was about to head back in after finishing my smoke, it suddenly appeared again, this time lower down and back left of Orion's belt. It made the same vague circular movement before fading and appearing back above Orion's belt.

I ran to get my phone, but, unfortunately the video cam on it wasn't good enough to get any footage. I ran in, checked the internet. Several things are visible in our skies around this time of year but none of them correlate to what I was seeing and definitely nothing matching the movement.
 
So I went back to the balcony to watch. It was still above Orion's belt, flitting about in all directions still. It didn't seem to stay in one place statically. It wasn't moving particular fast, but definitely enough to notice it was never static.
 
While I was watching this second time it almost looked as if it was coming closer. For a brief couple of second whatever it was looked like it turned and I could clearly see some kind of shape. It wasn't just a spherical item, it definitely had shape. What shape exactly I can't be sure of.

I went back in to contact a couple of friends to see if they could see it as well. Unfortunately just as I'd sent the message our skies became overcast and clouds prevented me from seeing anything. This has happened literally within the hour. I was watching it for a good 20 minutes - half an hour before trying to see if anyone else could see it.
Can sighting be explained as any conventional man-made or natural object?

I can't be 100% sure obviously. But I have checked charts online and various websites. I can't find anything that could explain something of this colour, distance or location for this time of the year. It didn't resemble a meteorite or satellite in any way I've seen before and a Chinese lantern would of burnt out within the time I was watching.
Witness Background

Not much to tell really. I'm 22, pretty average. Work for the family business. Studied animal management at college. Definitely a believer in anything unusual or things that can't be disproved but also I do like to try to work out a scientific or already known reason first. Somewhat try to disprove myself before I believe. 

I have always been a believer in life other than ours. I believe in a lot of spiritual beliefs, energy based beliefs, the paranormal. Anything where there is no proof that it cannot exist, I believe however I haven't ever seen any UFO sightings to my knowledge before this encounter.

I did notice online that this month there have been other somewhat similar experiences from people around the Orion's belt constellation.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: