Friday, October 21, 2011

5 Or 6 Bright Orange Lights Over Black Hill Allendale UK

 
Date:  June 24, 2011
Time:  Approx: 1:30 a.m.
 
Hi, I got your email address from this page here at: http://worldufos.blogspot.com/2011/03/orange-ball-of-light-over.html after Googling "strange lights Northumberland".

I live in Carrshield, near Allendale and I've seen similar mysterious lights on more than one occasion. I commute from down south on a regular basis and so I'm often driving over the tops in the dead of night.
 
Last night as I crested Black Hill at about 1:30 a.m. I saw the lights again, 5 or 6 bright orange lights moving slowly just above the horizon to the north. I continued past my house and onto the Allendale road and parked up here to get a better view.

I watched for about 10 minutes. It was difficult to scale them, but I would say they were between 5 and 10 miles to the north. They were moving slowly and as one faded another appeared, and so on in a kind of regular cycle. They were below cloud level  and occasionally I could see the underside of the clouds brightening as each one flared.

As I said, they were pretty bright. The best explanation I can come up with is that they were flares. Perhaps the military were doing some sort of exercise. But the regularity with which they came and went would seem to contradict that theory.

I'd be interested to hear if you have any theories - or indeed an explanation.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: