Monday, October 10, 2011

Bright Orange Fireball With Tail Makes A Sharpe Turn Over Melbourne Australia

Date: 2001
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2 (including me).
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Circular with a long tail.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: About 10 years ago, my mother arrived at my grandparents’ house to routinely pick me up after school. I was 16 at the time and it was late afternoon, just before dusk on what was an unusually clear and sunny spring day.

I was in the passenger seat of my mother’s car when she performed a U-turn on my grandparents' quiet street at which point, the front of the car was aligned perfectly to the north. I happened to glance up towards the top half of the windscreen, admiring the bluish-yellow hue of the sky.

As I shifted my glance to the east, I witnessed a bright orange fireball, which appeared to be flying at a fairly high altitude. It had a distinctly long, orange tail which emitted wispy clouds of very thin yet acrid looking black smoke. The object was traveling slowly along horizontal plane (from east to west).

The slow speed seemed unusual to me, but I initially dismissed it as a very bright meteorite travelling at extraordinary altitude. Suddenly, it began to change trajectory, slowly descending along the vertical. This occurred about 5-6 seconds after I had initially spotted it. At this point, I figured that it must have been a doomed aircraft which had suffered a catastrophic failure of some kind.

I exclaimed and pointed it out to my mother, who instantly slowed down to a stop, glanced up and also spotted it. The object then commenced an unbelievably tight loop, dramatically accelerating in the process. After completing this first loop, it subsequently performed another (just as tight as the last), still accelerating, yet traveling at an ungodly rate of speed.

No manned object could possibly withstand even a fraction of those G’s! Once it completed this last loop, it slingshot towards the east in an upward and traverse trajectory, gradually fading into the blue of the atmosphere. The whole incident felt like it lasted an eternity, but in reality, the duration was no longer than 10-15 seconds.

Needless to say, I couldn’t believe what I had seen, so much so, that I after I had regained my prior composure, I asked my mother to describe her account of the incident. If she wasn’t there to concur, I probably would have dismissed it as imaginary. Prior to witnessing this event, I was an avid aircraft aficionado (in fact, I still am).

Since then, I have subsequently studied aerospace engineering, yet I’m still scratching my head on this one. By analyzing the scenario, I managed to derive some additional attributes of the object. Since it faded into the atmosphere, it must have been flying at the absolute fringe of space. Also, considering that it was clearly visible at that particular altitude and angle of elevation, it must have been huge.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: