Saturday, November 27, 2010

Orange Balls Of Light And Lightning Over Celbridge Co Kildare Ireland

Date: November 27, 2010
Time: Approx: 2:00 a.m.

Hi Brian, I’m from Celbridge, Co Kildare in Ireland and I seen something in the sky tonight, so I done a quick Google search and found out that they were in Kilkenny earlier and you posted about them on your site.

Okay, it started when I went onto Facebook and I seen a lot of posts about strange flashing lights over Celbridge. All my friends were talking about it online. I didn't take any notice to it until my girlfriend gave me a call and asked did I see them too. I told her no, but I would pop outside and have a look around.

In my back garden when I step out my door I face west. I stood there for around 2 to 3 minutes while on the phone to my girlfriend saying I couldn't see anything. All of a sudden directly above my head I seen 2 orange balls floating over my head.

To put it simply, they were exactly side by side and to my eye they appeared to be about 1 inch away from each other heading on the same trajectory. There were no clouds above m head so I had nothing to compare their altitude to to mentally work out roughly that their distance was. If I was to take a stab at it, I would say they were flying roughly at a small aircraft's standard altitude height. Again if compared to a small lightweight aircraft they appeared to be moving about twice as fast.

They were not bright orange, but more of a dim orange color.

I done some investigation and lots of people are saying these are Chinese lanterns, but there is one thing that happened that leads me to think differently.

As I was watching them move along the sky, the orb on the left side sped up very slightly and as it done so it suddenly shook forward and backward very violently (but stayed exactly on its trajectory - imagine violently tapping your car breaks a few times while on a straight road and having a car beside you going in the same direction). This lasted for about 2 seconds. After the shaking the second orb's speed suddenly increased to match the speed of the first orb and they continued off into the distance. I would have expected to see them for longer then I did, but it came to a point when they both suddenly disappeared (too early if you ask me when again compared to an airline light)

Anyway I thought this was the flashing light everybody was talking about, but I decided to stay outside for another few minutes. Around 3 to 4 minutes after the orb sightings I was looking directly south when I seen two massive white flashes that literally light up my entire back garden and the houses around. They lasted only milliseconds. Around 3 minutes later I heard a really low rumble in the distance. I woke up my father and he came outside and we both watched as more white flashes occurred. It turns out that there was lightning which is very rare for us to ever get over here especially in November. I confirmed this by viewing weather readings I found online (high and low pressure near the Irish sea)

So I confirmed that I seen lightning, but what on earth were those 2 orbs prior to that? Could they have been aliens? Who knows! I really can't say they were lanterns or an aircraft or weather balloons (especially because of the left orbs strange vibration - I've never seen anything do that before)

I’m 22 and I've never seen anything like that before. My father is 53 and he is from Turkey (living in Ireland around 30 years) and he has said never in his life has he heard or seen something like that in Ireland or Turkey. He also said never in his life has he seen lightning in November and he grew up in Turkey where they get severe lightning storms.

It’s just strange that I seen 2 orange orbs and then November lightning.

This all happened roughly at around 2:00am (27th Nov 2010). My girlfriend can also confirm that I stated I seen 2 orange orbs because I was describing it to her as I was watching it happen.

I just thought I should share my story with someone.

Thanks for reading.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: