Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Southwest Norwich, England Bright White Lights

Posted: February 18, 2009

Date: January 1, 2009
Time: 00:30

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: Approx 9-10
Shape of objects: Unsure bright white lights
Weather Conditions: High Cloud.

Description: Just after the the bells, I went out for a Cig in my back garden. Fireworks where still going off it was approx 00:30 hours. I seen to the west of Newton Flotman (village I live in just south of Norwich) over Mulbarton bright white lights that looked similar to aircraft landing lights.

At first there where 2 of these lights in view, which I assumed would be aircraft flying in formation. As the moved south, my view was obscured by other buildings in the street, but another small group followed consisting of 3 more lights, then another 2, followed by at least a further 2. Lasting over 10 minutes.

They each had a single bright light, moving slowly.

At first thought them to be fireworks, but they did not fall nor burn out.

I also live on the flight path of RAF Lakenheath, and thought it could be aircraft landing, but there was no noise or navigation lights nor the familiar twin red tail lights of the American F15 Eagle aircraft that I see most nights.

The movements made by the lights also could not have been made by any aircraft as they seemed to be leapfroging each other.

The lights where also moving away from me rather than head on with me, with aircraft the bright landing light would have dimmed revealing the nav lights as we all see on aircraft at night.

There where still a lot of people out and about and would be surprised if no one in the area did not see them.

And no, I was not drunk. I had only had half a can of cider.

If you did see these light please let me know as I've been searching the net but cannot find any account of them.

-----

UFOINFO Note: As with other similar reports I asked the witness to have a look at the UFO Balloons website to see if this is what might have been seen and received the following reply:

Hi John,

Many thanks for you email.

I had a look but these did not look like this. They where much bigger, looked about the size of low flying aircraft, which is what I had put it down to until I searched the web to see if anyone else had seen them.

I did not find anyone who has seen it over Norwich, however, found a video on Google Video of the same thing at exactly the same time on New Years Day 2008 in San Diego, and another in India.

If you would like to see these videos, go to google video and search for the following:

"UFO Sightings Sandiego"
"UFO Sightings India"

I've never been so freaked out as I was when viewing these videos

Many Thanks

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: