Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A9 Northbound, near Dalwhinnie, Highlands A Bright Triangular Object

Posted: February 18, 2009

Date: January 18, 2009
Time: 01:20

Number of witnesses: 1 (plus multiple cars around)
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Triangular
Weather Conditions: Clear, dry, dark (no road/town lighting due to location) approx. -1c.

Description: I was driving from my parents house in the central belt back to Inverness and when driving through Dalwhinnie I stopped to have a short break due to tiredness. Traffic was intermittant, and there are no large settlements for miles in this area. As I lit a cigarette I looked to the top of the ridge to the left (west of me) and saw a bright triangular object with no flashing beacons on it. I thought at first it was maybe a mountain rescue team due to the proximity to the top of the ridge, and it was stationary. Then I saw the light revolve on it's axis two or three times before moving at high speed in a straight line directly to the top of the ridge on the right (east) side of me - approx 1.5 miles in distance covered within around 2-3 seconds. The light then proceeded to do exactly the same as detailed above on this side before moving off at high velocity in a northwards direction (towards Inverness). The lights grew smaller and were completely out of sight within approx 5-7 seconds. During this whole time there were approximately 15-20 vehicles that passed in either direction, and with the area being so open and dark, I would think that at least one of them saw such a bright light in such a dark place.

TV/Radio: I haven't seen this particular story highlighted in the news, however I understand that there has been a number of strange sightings in the Highlands area in the last week or two. In fact, my local news paper, the Highland News, covered a story on these lights last Thursday (22nd Jan).

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: