Saturday, December 3, 2011

Very Bright Orange Light Observed Over Brighton UK

 
Date:  December 2, 2011
Time:  Evening.
 
Hi Brian, I just saw a extremely bright (not Chinese lantern) orange light that looked like a plane on fire over Brighton. I have seen a large meteor burn up before (it cast a shadow) which was bright green.
 
This was totally different, slower moving, wider dispersal of light, but still very bright and was between clouds moving relatively fast across sky.

Extremely unusual, I thought it might be a passenger jet crashing. I caught my attention when I saw something bright out the corner of my eyes I ran over to window  when I realized how bright it was.

I did expect an explosion as it disappeared behind trees at the bottom of my garden. It was hard to estimate distance but I would say about 1-2 miles away. It was extremely bright, wish I was in garden to see if it cast a shadow like the meteor did as this is a good gauge of distance and intensity.

Have you had many other sightings as I am intrigued. Thanks.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.
Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: