Sunday, May 24, 2009

Above Lochfield Road, Summerville, Dumfries Scotland A Bright Orange Light

Posted: May 24, 2009

Date: April 12, 2009
Time: 9:05 pm till 9:10 pm

Number of witnesses: 3
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Round.
Weather Conditions: Clear.

Description: On 12 April 2009, my mother and father had been spending Easter Sunday with my husband and I. I drove my parents home about 9:00pm, said good night - got back into my car. I was about to start the engine when I saw a bright orange light in the sky - very bright and round - looked as if there were other bright lights inside the round shape. It wasn't an aeroplane - the sky was clear!

The object appeared to be moving slowly in the sky - the light still a very bright orange ball. I got out of the car and shouted to my father (standing at the front door with my mother) 'What is that?' He said, 'Don't know, haven't seen anything like that before!' The unidentified object then appeared to stop or turn away from our direction as if the bright orange lights were now turning to face north. We all watched it for approximately 5 minutes and at 9:10pm it disappeared. My parents stay at Lochfield Road, Dumfries. To give an idea of the unidentified object's position, - from my parents front door you can look across park land and beyond is the Tesco Store. The unidentified object was in that general direction, a little bit more to the left, and very high in the sky - too high and too bright to be a helicopter. My father called the police station to register what we had seen. When I arrived home I did the same thing and was given a number to call the RAF - which I did!

What did we see???

-----

UFOINFO Note: As with other similar reports I asked the witness to have a look at the UFO Balloons website to see if this is what might have been seen and received the following reply:

Hi John,

My father is quite sure it wasn't a balloon. It was very big, bright, round and deep orange. At first, from the distance I thought it was a helicopter with all its lights on but as it came nearer there was no noise but looked like a cluster of orange fairy lights inside the circle. I have had a look at the balloons on the website and they seem quite small - but I am told they look quite spectacular in the night sky. So I'm not sure what to think!

**** ***** of Dumfries Astronomical Society, emailed me to say that someone in the Maxwelltown area (which is near my parent's home) occasionally sends up a balloon, but I have no way of finding out if someone has done this on Sunday!

Would be pleased to hear from you if you get any more information.

Kind regards,

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: