Thursday, July 31, 2008

Armthorpe Doncaster U.K. A Sphere Shaped Object

Posted: July 31, 2008

Date: July 23, 2008
Time: 10:40 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Sphere.
Weather Conditions: Clear.

Description: Just come in from having a cigarette in the back garden and noticed a light coming in my direction from west to east. I thought it was the headlights of a plane coming in to land at Robin Hood Airport in Doncaster as we get a lot of flight traffic overhead. The object was a golden, single light. It didnt lose altitude and was moving slower than an incoming civilian aircraft. I watched it pass pretty much directly overhead and was surprised by 2 things: 1 - it was silent and 2 - normally when planes go over, the headlights appear to go out as it passes by. This light stayed the same shape and had no wing or tail lights. There were 2 normal planes in the sky ( with wing and tail lights) at the same time - albeit moving in different, unrelated directions.
I have no observational experience so I cannot give much of a guide as to speed and height - however, it was at approximately the same height that police helicopters often pass at ( if that's any help) and slower moving. If it was at roughly the same height that police helicopters fly at, then in terms of size it was much smaller - maybe 2-3 metres across maximum. I came back in the house and upstairs to my room which is front facing and watched the light until it was no longer visible. That was 22:48. Apologies if the description is vague.

Here is a jpeg I did using google maps of the apparent flight path - the yellow circle is my house - the red dotted line is, what I believe to be the flight path.

[UFOINFO Note: I have not included the jpeg as it could cause problems for the witness and his privacy.]

TV/Radio: not reported as I had nothing to back up the "sighting".
-----

UFOINFO Note: As with other similar reports I asked the witness to have a look at the UFO Balloons website to see if this is what might have been seen and received the following reply:

Hi John,

I watched the balloon video and can categorically state that it was definitely NOT one of those balloons from the video.

This isn't the first thing I have seen, or reported - as I reported a sighting I had whilst living in Billericay, Essex about 4 years ago of a static, colour changing diamond shaped light. I have also seen several objects around Doncaster at different times going back to 1995.

I am widely read in the matter. Since my first "sighting" in 1995 I've spent a lot of time reading both sides of the argument. I have no answers as to who or what some of these things are. I also accept that, just because I have no idea what any of the objects were, there is probably a rational explanation for all of them.

Given my interest in the subject, I watch anything that I see as closely as possible. Most are things that you'd expect them to be but this one I thought was worth reporting in case anyone else may have seen it and have an explanation.

It may have been a balloon, albeit, a bigger and much more brightly lit one. There was also no variation in the flight path - it was a dead straight line. Given that it was breezy on the night I saw it, if it was a balloon - I would expect it to have some slight deviations in its course. Of course, not being a meteorologist of aerodynamic expert, I may be wrong in that assumption.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: