Monday, June 23, 2008

Tranent East Lothian, Scotland A Huge Circular UFO Stationary

Posted: June 23, 2008

Date: December 31, 1979
Time: Approx: 8:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Round with a small cone at one side.
Weather Conditions: Clear, no wind, dead still.

Description: My girlfriend (now wife of 27 years) and I were walking from my house in Tranent TO the pub (stone cold sober at this time) to celebrate the forthcoming new year festivities. I saw a huge circular object stationary above Cockenzie power station, East Lothian. It was approx 100m in diameter and bright orange, hovering approx 50m above the two chimneys. There was a small cone shaped tail rather like the exhaust from a jet engine but there was no noise. I turned to my wife and asked her if she could see this as I thought that I was seeing things. She confirmed yes, she could.

We both watched this for approximately 1 min and it then moved off slowly accelerating, it then disappeared into thin air with no sound. I have only told a handful of people of this until now. I have a Masters degree in engineering and know how things work but I have never seen anything like this. I am 100% certain that it was not an aircraft but a UFO.

TV/Radio: I think there were several similar sightings in New Zealand about the same time and the TV said that due to strange weather conditions it was the planet Jupiter. No way !

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: