Sunday, June 22, 2008

Kirkby In Ashfield/Nottinghamshire, England Spherical UFO

Posted: June 22, 2008

Date: June 20, 2008
Time: Approx: 11.15-11.30 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Spherical.
Weather Conditions: Mostly a clear night at this time, with a very small amount of cloud.

Description: My mum and I were heading home by car from a concert in Sherwood Forest on Friday evening, heading towards junction 27 of the M1 on the stretch of road from West Notts Technical College in Kirkby in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire.

As passenger I was looking out of the left side window to the south towards Ravenshead and noticed how amazing the full moon (or as near as dammit full moon) looked, it was quite low on the horizon and quite yellowy looking, I'm guessing with the sun only having just gone down a couple of hours previously. Also visible near the moon if I remember rightly was what I believe to be either the pole star or possibly Venus it was brighter and considerably larger than any other star I could see.

Now the exciting bit. A minute or two down the road, where there are no road lights or housing, and very little light pollution, I noticed a huge illuminated spherical object over woodland towards the south just a little lower than the moon and the pole star on the horizon.

This thing was massive, I would say around a quarter of the size of the moon in the night sky. It didn't appear to move at all and just hung there in the sky maybe about 3 or 4 miles to the south I would suggest somewhere over towards the Ravenshead area of Nottinghamshire. My mum managed to catch sight of it also. The strange thing was how the object went out of sight, it gradually dimmed over a period of a few seconds almost as if somebody had used
a dimmer switch on it. To the right of the object within a half mile distance, there was a static red flashing light which I'm guessing was the avionics lights on a helicopter.

As we continued to drive along trees and bushes along the roadside obscured the view to the south, and we didn't really see anything else, other than I noticed a streak of light coming out of the 11'o clock position of the moon a little further down the road in between a gap in the bushes/trees which looked a bit curious.

Having arrived back at my mums house in Brinsley a few miles to the west of J27 of the M1 maybe about 10 minutes later, I went to let her dogs out on the back and see if I could see anything else exciting happening as it was such a clear night. There is no light pollution to the back of where my mum lives as its fields and woodland, and there is very little noise pollution at that time of night other than the odd vehicle passing on the front.

Within a minute of having been outside I noticed yet another glowing ball of light (similar size again I would suggest) this time moving directly overhead in a west to east direction near the constellation of the plough. We see a lot of commercial airline traffic above her house, and I would suggest it was at a similar height to commercial airliners (say 30,000 feet), but this thing was moving in a west to east direction and not in a south to north direction which we usually
see over the house, and made no sound, before, during or after it passed over, and normally you can hear the sound of commercial jets passing over very clearly. This thing was far bigger than any aeroplane at that height, like I say it was about a quarter of the size of the moon in the sky. It did however move at around the same speed as an aeroplane. Once again within a few seconds of having sighted the object, just like the previous one we'd witnessed, it gradually dimmed out again in the clear night sky, there were next to no clouds, and no flashing avionics lights on the object.

Would love to hear if anyone else saw any thing remotely similar on that night.

Hope that helps, fascinating website by the way!

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: