Sunday, July 25, 2010

Over 20 Bright Orange Objects/Lights Over Rayleigh UK

Date: July 24, 2010
Time: 10:30 p.m.

Hi there, my wife and I were returning home to Southend from Graysat at approx: 10:30pm last night and had turned onto the A130 from the Sadlers farm round about. We had gone about 500yds when I noticed at our 1'oclock position, five orange lights in the sky above Rayleigh. My wife was driving, which afforded me time to watch them.

As we progressed further down the A130, it became apparent that there were far more than five lights. I was telling my wife to keep her eyes on the road and trying to count them. I would estimate that there were over twenty of them flying in a loose tandem formation on an approximate 180 degree heading.

Some of them were changing places in the formation, but were still flying in the same direction. There were loads of cars still on the road, so I expect a lot of people saw them. I would hazard a guess that their height seemed to be between 1500 to 2000 feet, but the difficulty is not knowing their size in relation to height.

The lights as I said were orange and bright and by the time we had gone under the flyover and on to the A127 some were still in sight albeit at our 3 to 4 o'clock position. I have been an aircraft spotter for most of my life ( I am 63) and have always worked outside during the hours of darkness being a milkman for nearly 30 years and currently a postman, so am well used to spotting aircraft in the night sky.

I can categorically state that these lights were not aeroplanes or helicopters. Apart from a different incident about a month ago, this the first time in my life that I've spotted something in the sky that I couldn't explain.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: