Saturday, July 3, 2010

Close Encounter With A UFO Over The City Centre Area Of Dublin Ireland

Date: Winter 1972/73
Time: Early evening.

Hi Brian, I came across your e-mail address on a site about UFO sightings in UK. In particular, I was interested in sightings of a fireball type object which sped across the sky, hovered and then took off. I was telling my son of an experience I had when I was around 10 or 11 years old which is a long time ago! Interestingly, what prompted me to Google this was my son's question, could I have embellished the experience, albeit, subconsciously, over the years. Honestly I believe I didn't, but being so long ago, it got me thinking. This is what I experienced.

I lived in the city-centre area of Dublin. It was a winter's evening around 1972/73 and a friend and I were going from my street onto a main road. It was early evening, but was already dark and strangely, there were no cars driving along, in fact the road was very quiet. As we reached the house at the corner and turned into the main road, we saw a strange ball which looked like a ball of fire moving just over the house and within seconds it had disappeared behind the chimney, only to re-appear as it continued it's course.

It appeared to rotate in a straight line and was the size of perhaps a beach ball. Up to this point, I would happily say it was a natural phenomenon, something that could be explained logically, however, as we appeared to come into it's line of vision, it suddenly stopped, hovered directly over us. It seemed to be observing us and within seconds, it not only changed it's course, but began to descend down towards us.

Suffice to say, we screamed and ran away, not stopping until we got to my friends house. We never looked back. When I had to go home that way later, still quite frightened, there was no sight of it.

As far as I am concerned, there was intelligence behind the actions of this object. Could it have been a hoax, perhaps, I don't know, however, it wasn't an act of nature. Have you heard any familiar stories? My friend in the story emigrated to Canada, so what she would remember of the incident, I can only guess! Regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: