Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rye, E. Sussex A Triangular Formation Of Dim White Lights

Posted: January 27, 2008

Date: May 2, 2007 Time: 12:50 a.m.

Approach Direction: Southwest. Departure Direction: Northeast. Witness Direction: Southwest then northeast.

Description: went outside to urinate and noticed a noise similar to the humming of a fridge or freezer or air conditioning. The sound seemed close and I assumed it was from a nearby hotel, although I don't remember having noticed it on other occasions (I visit the outside loo most nights!) when I'd finished, I was briefly admiring the stars when I noticed a triangular formation of dim white lights approaching from the s.w. As they passed overhead I could see that they were on a dark-colored "boomerang" shaped flying wing which appeared to be at an altitude of 2 or three thousand feet (obviously it was hard to tell the height,not knowing the size of the object). It seemed to disappear as it headed towards the horizon, but I got the impression that it was very thin,which may have been why I could no longer see it from behind. Whatever it was, it was very "stealthy", and completely silent other than the humming sound which seemed to be at ground level and may not have been related, although I couldn't hear it any more after the craft had gone. I went indoors, wrote down the details and drew a sketch.

Color/Shape: Dark grey or black,shape between a horseshoe and a boomerang with five to six dim,off-white lights along each wing and a very slight reddish tinge on the inner back curve.

Height & Speed: I'm guessing when I say 1 or 2 thousand feet, but it definitely wasn't very high,as it was too dim to have been seen from a great distance.It moved at a constant speed,no idea how fast but I estimate that I saw it cover about a third of the sky in about 6 or 7 seconds.

TV/Radio/Press: No.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: