Saturday, November 6, 2010

Strange Orange Object Over Epping UK

Date: November 6, 2010
Time: Approx: 7:45 p.m.

Hi Brian, my wife and I just saw something quite unexplainable in the sky above our house in Epping, tonight, about 19:45 approx:, (6th November 2010).

Before I explain what we saw I found your details from the following link:
http://worldufos.blogspot.com/2010/07/red-glowing-light-over-chigwell-essex.html

As I just Googled 'orange light, sky, Essex' as it was very strange.

Before I start, my wife just reminded me that we saw something very similar in the sky above where we live in Southern Epping, near the M25, in April, during the volcano cloud, when planes from Stansted and other UK airports were grounded.

Anyway, roughly an hour and a half ago at about 19:45 we were feeding our 13 week old baby, who wouldn't settle. Being the 6th November there were fireworks going off and we thought the loud bangs might be unsettling her (we later found out it was a very dirty nappy) but anyway, a few loud bangs went off and my wife opened the curtains to the french doors in the lounge to see the fireworks.

I was trying to get the baby to take some milk when my wife alerted me to a strange orange object in the sky. Still holding the baby I walked into the kitchen, where the lights were off and I could get a good view through the patio doors.

What I saw was a circular orange glowing object in the sky above us, which at first looked like Venus, except larger. Without a shadow of a doubt it was not an airplane or helicopter as it was not moving (my wife has just informed me that when she first saw it, it was moving) It was orange, and motionless in the sky. At first I thought it was a firework, but after 20 seconds or so of it still hovering just as bright I realised it was not.

At this moment I thought about getting the digital camera, but I had the baby in my arms and the patio doors were locked, and the camera upstairs.

The object seemed to dim slightly, then start moving very smoothly to the south.

What was very odd was that it seemed to fade in and out of the clouds, and then it was gone - the orange light went.

The patio doors were closed so I couldn't have heard any sound, even if there was one.

My wife is going to give her side of the story - we thought we'd email you while it was still fresh in our minds:

Hi Brian

As my husband just stated, I looked out of the window to see if I could see the fireworks. I saw a bright orange light and initially thought it was the remainder of a firework, but it didn't disappear, it was moving very slowly and seemed to be dimming up and down. I called my husband who went to look out of the kitchen doors, by the time I got to the kitchen he said it had just disappeared.

We saw the same thing in April, whilst planes were grounded due to the volcanic ash, in the same place. At first we thought I might be a helicopter as we weren't sure if they were grounded or not, but again it seemed to be moving strangely and dimming in and out, it was also going in and out of clouds and I don't think helicopters go that high (although not sure), this time it also just seemed to disappear into nowhere.

In both of these incidents, there were no flashing lights as you would get on a helicopter or airplane. As we were just about to send this (about 9:45) my husband saw the light again (stationery) in the same place, he came to get me which only took seconds and by the time we got there it was gone. Neither of us believe in little green men etc, etc, but what we sure was very strange indeed.

Please feel free to email with any questions, hope we have been of help

Kind regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: