Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bright Orange Red Lights Over Bromley UK

Date: November 12, 2010
Time: Approx: 10:00 p.m.

Just as it was starting to prove safe to finally leave the world of geekydom, behind us up pops another bright orange glow moving at speed across the sky to force our attention once again upwards.

I waved my sister off at around 10:00pm on 12 November and she later reported that it was whilst she was waiting at the bus stop on College Road, Bromley that she saw a bright orange-red object moving silently at speed across the sky. She rejected the idea of a Chinese lantern as it was moving too quickly, too evenly and at one point disappeared behind a cloud to re-emerge to continue its trajectory in a easterly direction.

A couple of months earlier, on 2 September I waved my sister off again and as I watched her make her way pass the roundabout and towards College Road, my eyes were immediately drawn up at the sky. There I saw a bright orange-red pulsating object floating about 100 meters up in the air just above the tree.

My first thought was that it was a burning kite as it was of similar shape, however the magnificence in its size. I trained my eyes on it for about 5 minutes until it started to move ever so slowly towards my building. Feeling a bit spooked, a I stepped back and it stopped. Then it started to climb in height and continued it’s forward movement. When I could no longer see it, I dashed to the back of the flat to stare out of the my bedroom window. Nothing. I returned to the front and saw nothing.

I turned on my computer to do some work and it was around 11:30pm that my sister called to ask if I had seen "that orange thing in the sky". It was when she described it as disappearing behind the houses on College Road that I realized we were talking about two different "bright orange things". It was during this conversation that I reminded her about the noise we'd heard prior to the sightings.

As she was gathering her bags to leave a loud, ear-ripping mechanical drone suddenly reverberated around us. I said (and to this day) that I thought it sounded as if came from the street. Sis reckoned that the noise sounded as if it was in the room. Either way, it made her teeth go on edge and my head started to hurt. Minutes later we saw the orange light Coincidence?

The following day we decided to meet up again this time with brother and her daughter in tow to chew the fat of the events of the previous night. Predictably, there was much twitching of curtains, gazing up into the sky. Of course, nobody expected to see anything. I kissed and waved them off at around half past midnight and it was whilst I was seated at the computer doing some work when a call came in. A very excited niece was shouting down the phone that they'd seen "some lights in the sky".

It was whilst brother was driving sis and niece home that he saw something in the sky and muttered, "what the heck is that?" Sis bent down in her seat and then shouted for him to stop the car. What they saw were "about 12-15 bright orange lights moving silently across the sky in a large V-formation". The lights soon patterned themselves into one long line and when each light arrived at a certain point in the sky, each light went out.

Soon afterwards, sis shouted "oh my god there are more coming". They turned their heads to see four bright lights crossing the sky over Baring Road/Heather Road (in the Lee area) in the shape of what appeared to be four lights fashioned as if they each lit up a corner of a very, very large dark oblong. Yes, it is possible that these things are man-made/man-manned but what for me was really unsettling was the loud, ear-splitting mechanical drone we heard only minutes before the orange objects. I'd be interested to hear if anybody else has experienced similar (with or without the lights). Regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: