Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Langley, Near Maidstone, Kent, UK A Bright Orange Light

Posted: July 2, 2008

Date: June 28, 2008
Time: Approx: 11:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 5
Shape of objects: Round.
Weather Conditions: Good, clear night.

Description: My wife and I were at the bottom of our garden and my wife suddenly said, "Look at that". I looked towards the east and saw a bright orange light, moving very fast across the sky, rising from the tree line from a south-easterly direction. I expected it to pass roughly east to west but it changed direction by what seemed to be a 90 degree angle and began to move away towards the east. No sooner had it begun to fade slightly when another followed exactly the same path. This was followed by three more, the last two in fairly quick succession. I tried looking at them through my binoculars but was able to see only an enlarged image - no further detail was visible, except for a semi-circular shape rising from the top of the light. I'm not convinced this was anything other than a slight optical distortion of the binoculars, however.

The lights were very bright indeed and seemed to be large, although they must have been very high because they remained visible in the sky until they were too small to see rather than dipping in any way below the horizon. Whilst they were visible several aircraft passed overhead, as is customary in this part of the country. Their lights followed the usual patterns of red, green and white flashing. I have observed satellites passing overhead many times in the past also, including one a couple of months ago which was very bright (the International Space Station, I believe). These lights were nothing like anything I have ever seen before in the night sky. The light was very intense and yellowish orange, as if a fire.

TV/Radio: N/A.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: