Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Stationary Short Cigar Shaped UFO Over Oadby Leicester UK

Date: Late 1970’s
Time: Approx: 11:00 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Oadby Leicester UK.
Number of witnesses: 2 sightings. Several could hear it.
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Bright (stubby) cigar shape with no clearly defined outline.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I had returned home one summer's evening (late 1970's) at about 11:00pm. As I walked up my parent's driveway, my attention was caught by a rhythmic whirring sound above me. As I looked up, in the clear sky I could see a stationary short cigar shaped object that was brightly shining not too far above me. (don't know exactly but perhaps at a height one would normally see a helicopter fly at).

It's outline was not clearly defined as it was simply a bright white/yellowish glow. At this point I was curious as it was not a 'normal' sight or sound. As I watched, it very suddenly darted in a straight line across the sky (to my right) at an unbelievable tremendous speed and came to an abrupt halt (no human made craft that I know of could move like that from a stand-still point at this speed and I remember thinking that no human would cope with the g-force created by this movement).

It was at this point I got exited and rushed into the house calling for anyone in there to come out and see. My mum hurried outside and was able to see and hear the (now stationary) object still making it's unique sound. We watched and discussed what it might be and eventually decided to phone the Police. Soon after the Police arrived (in several cars), with some high-ranking officers, I seem to remember.

We greeted them walking up our driveway and literally as they walked towards us, clouds covered the sight. Very frustrating. The rhythmic whirring sound was there for all to hear, but they could no longer see it.

I remember hearing from someone that there were no 'escaped' weather balloons that night, nor was there any military activity that was admitted to. (Perhaps I over-heard a police conversation, I don't remember). The Police stayed for quite a while hoping to get a sighting, but the clouds did not break. After a few hot drinks the Police finally departed with no conclusion or explanation for the happening.

I went to bed with my window wide open still listening to the sound. When I awoke all was back to normal and there was no trace of the object. I was contacted by a local radio station soon after and was invited to recount my experience, but I was far too embarrassed and I declined. I have often thought about trying to find out if there are still records of my call to the Police and the goings-on of that evening.

Many years later (in the late 1980's) I was in Majorca on holiday and I was standing on our balcony looking up to the stars and to my surprise I saw many objects (perhaps about 15 that looked like stars) in a cluster darting in all directions at great speed, (but staying together in this cluster). I was of course reminded of my previous experience as the movements were exactly the same. This time however, I could not hear anything and they were much higher in the sky. I watched this display for quite a while then decided to retire. I did not report this at all.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: