Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bright Orange Lights Above Cheltenham UK


Date: September 4, 2010
Time: Approx: 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Tonight 04/09/10 between about 2030 and 2130 my son and I saw bright lights above Cheltenham on four separate occasions. The lights were very bright which brought my attention to the first one. When I looked out of the window I thought it must have been a plane or helicopter heading for Staverton, but it was much higher than normal and disappeared behind the cloud which was very light.

Approximately 10 minutes later my son called me unaware of what I had seen, to show me another light exactly the same, but further west which I also observed. Minutes later we both together saw another light to the north. The lights were visible on all occasions for about 15 seconds and disappeared behind patchy cloud, but did not re-appear when expected

I would describe them all as a single solid bright orange colour. There was no aircraft noise and were far brighter than plane lights which would have been flashing anyway. I have seen many shooting stars before, but these were much slower. Let me know if you had any other reports of sightings this evening or if you have any idea what they might have been. Regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: