Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bright Orange Object Over Ahoghill Ballymena Co. Antrim UK


Date: September 1, 2010
Time: Approx: 10:15 p.m.

Tonight- 1st September 2010 I witnessed a bright orange orb in the sky in Ahoghill, Ballymena, Co. Antrim UK. My stepfather came home around 10:00pm and told me he saw a strange orange light in the sky. I went to check it out and didn't see anything.

At about a quarter past 10:00pm I went out for a cigarette and happened to look at the spot in the sky where he claimed to have seen it and I saw a bright orange flame like orb in the sky judging by the distance it was bigger than a plane or around the same size.

It stayed static for about two minutes and I moved closer to try and figure out what it was as I moved it started to move to the north west, slowly. As it was moving it became dimmer, but still visible it blended with the stars but it was below cloud level. It then about 4 seconds after it started to move it shoot straight up into the clouds and vanished. I am 100% sure it wasn't a lantern due to the size and the speed in which it moved and also due to the brightness of it.

There seems to be a lot of these sightings in this area as I have been researching since I saw it there is a similar post on your sight from this area. Any help on what it was would be great also going to look for it again and snap a picture.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: