Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hessle/Hull East Yorkshire UK Eight To Ten Red Lights

Posted: September 14, 2008

Date: August 23, 2008
Time: 11:59 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 8-10
Shape of objects: Round.
Weather Conditions: Clear.

Description: was locking up my back patio door at approx 11:59pm 23rd August 2008. I noticed out of the window a red light moving from a South Westerly to North Easterly direction in the sky. At first glance I took it to be a passenger jet and almost dismissed it but something about it didn't ring true. I unlocked the door to have a better look and went into my back garden.

Facing North I could see 2 lines of Red lights, all looking exactly the same. The lines were nearly vertical and parallel to each other. I would estimate there was between 8-10 lights in total. They all moved at a constant speed and were pretty much equally spaced. The speed of them and there height appeared to be similar to the passenger jets we get over from time to time.

I immediately thought "Oh my God I need to get my camera" and started back into the house to get it, I lost sight of the lights at this point. I then realized I did not know exactly where it was so decided to double back and carry on watching the lights.

When they came back into view they were now in the formation of a "V" and continued in the same direction as before, also at the same speed. They carried on like this for about 10 seconds and then they disappeared one by one until a single one was left. The single one carried on by itself for about a further 10-15 seconds before it too disappeared.

I carried on watching for anything else for another 5 minutes but nothing else occurred.

I thought they may have been fireworks but after thinking about how high they were and how fast they appeared to be travelling I discounted this idea. Also I do not know of any fireworks that would form those particular formations and change whilst in mid-air (from 2 parallel lines to a "V")

Has anyone else reported anything, if so, can you let me know as I am eager to find out more about this!

-----

UFOINFO Note: As with other similar reports I asked the witness to have a look at the UFO Balloons website to see if this is what might have been seen and received the following reply:

Hi John,

Thanks for the response, below is the full text as I sent originally. From the video on the link you gave they look very similar although the ones I saw were bright red. I would have to say that they were more than likely these balloons but I cannot say for sure.

Thanks for the response.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: