Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dark Disc UFO Hiding In The Cloud Cover Over Redhill UK (Diagram)

Date: 1968
Time: Late morning.

Location of Sighting: Redhill UK.
Number of witnesses: 100+
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Saucer shape, oval lower, top seemed to have a peak.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: 100 yards from Redhill Town centre when I met some friends who asked if I had seen it, and looked up. I thought 'you are not catching me out' so ignored them and walked towards town centre. I noticed cars stopping and loads of people looking up, so I looked and only saw a single small white cloud in an otherwise clear blue sky.

As my eyes focused, there was an dark disc partially behind the small cloud on the right side. For nearly 20 minutes we watched it , always just on the edge of the cloud or partially obscured. Then it started flying away from the cloud towards Redstone Hill/Earlswood, so we followed it on foot until it disappeared behind the hill.

We walked to my parents house in nearby Earlswood and my stepmother told they had been watching it in Earswood village. It was seen by a huge number of people, but in those days I didn't have a camera. We phoned the operator and asked to be put through to the nearest RAF base. We asked if anyone else had reported it, but all he said was can we have your names and addresses.

We thought we might be laughed at so went no further. It is so vivid in my mind it seems like yesterday not 40 odd years ago, but without photographic proof who is going to take notice. I know what I saw was weird, as it was in an otherwise perfectly clear sky, the object was not a weather balloon and looked solid.

It flew away from the motionless cloud and as it was the same altitude, if it were a balloon the cloud would have drifted with it. Total mystery which I will never resolve, but I swear its true and at the time had loads of witnesses (everybody in Redhill out shopping) Some people said they saw it very much lower, but I am only stating what I saw.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Talking about it with one of my sons it occured to me recently that it was also strange that the 'cloud' never disapated all the time we were looking at it. Watching clouds for similar lengths of time I noticed they spread out then disappear. Something that I find strange that this one didnt in retrospect.