Thursday, August 19, 2010

Round Orange Lights Over Larkhall Scotland UK

Date: August 7, 2010
Time: Approx: 10:00 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Larkhall UK.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of Objects: 4
Shape of Objects: Difficult to say, round bright lights.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I had been returning to my home by car (approx: 10.00pm) and spotted a spherical orange light moving from right to left (south to north) high in the sky above Larkhall (Scotland), moving at what looked like the speed of an aircraft on it’s landing approach speed and moving continuously.

As the object passed from right to left the colour dimmed and then disappeared. Moments later a commercial aircraft on the normal flight path into Glasgow Airport (Scotland) passed overhead. Given that the two literally crisscrossed each other I’d be amazed if the flight crew of the aeroplane didn’t see the orange light I saw as it would have been passing left to right from their point of view.

I stopped my vehicle and spoke to another car driver parked outside a shop. I asked if he could see the light I’d seen, he confirmed he had.

I returned to my car and drove about 300-yards to my home and I then stood outside my home and looked to see if I could spot the light again, minutes later a light appeared again going in a south to north direction. Once again the light passed to my left (northwards) the light dimmed then disappeared.

I waited for about five minutes, searching the sky from horizon to horizon and suddenly I saw two orange lights, one following the other some distance apart but both going in the same direction high in the sky, south to north (right to left from my viewpoint) again as they reached the left of me (north) the lights faded then dimmed to nothing.

This fading convinces me that the light was shining at the front of the object and I could see no light from the rear of any of them.

These lights made no noise I was aware of and the weather conditions were clear in a bright sky with no wind.

I have no idea what I saw, but I’m convinced these were not these floating Chinese lanterns I’ve read about recently, nor were they any recognizable aircraft.

Help!

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: