Saturday, September 22, 2012

6 To 8 Orange Lights In A V Pattern Over Perthshire Scotland UK


Date:  September 21, 2012
Time:  Evening.

I was relaxing on my sofa watching TV when I spotted them through the living room window which looks to the south towards the Saidlaw hills.

Being a pilot myself and having flown for 12+ years both day and night it was instantly apparent these were not aircraft NAV lights I was seeing so I went outside to the front door to have a closer look.

There were 6-8 orange lights in a loose V formation travelling from approx north  east to south west and I watched them for approx 1 min travel down the valley towards the Perth area before losing sight, there was no noise at all.

Over the years I've seen many aircraft flying at night from both the ground and the air with military aircraft passing beneath me on several occasions, but these did not match that configuration in any way.

We have a very clear view of the night sky from here being in the countryside and I have seen many meteors over the years but these lights did not have any sort of 'tail' that you would associate with a meteor burning up in the atmosphere.

It was difficult to estimate speed as I have no grasp of their size but if they were approx aircraft size I would estimate they were travelling at approx 400-500kts given how quickly the went out of sight.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that with you if it helps any. Regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Also, please feel free to send in your sightings that have happened years ago. So many of these older sightings are nothing short of amazing.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

No comments: