Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Port Erin, Isle Of Man An Orange Circular Light

Posted: March 25, 2009

Date: February 14, 2009
Time: Approx. 10:30 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Circular [round]
Weather Conditions: Calm and clear.

Description: Standing outside the Cherry Orchard Hotel I saw in the distance an orange circular light in the low sky heading from Port Erin bay. It travelled directly towards the hotel and as it neared it was rather like a glowing orange football. It passed over the hotel at no great speed and I called two other people to witness the event. It carried straight on not turning left or right or higher/lower and I watched it until it went out of sight. I am used to seeing aircraft over head at night which are quite distinctive in the lighting arrangements and this not fit a description of that. No sound what so ever accompanied the sighting, also the Isle of Man airport is closed at this time of night.

-----

UFOINFO Note: As with other similar reports I asked the witness to have a look at the UFO Balloons website to see if this is what might have been seen and received the following reply:

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I checked out the web site you mentioned prior to reporting the sighting and feel certain that my sighting was not a ufo balloon. The sighting I witnessed was purely circular and was moving through the sky at a steady speed with no deviation in its trajectory. I watched the object for approximately 3 minutes from coming into sight until disappearing from my vision. A possible coincidence happened the 16th February when a colleague of my son who lives in Somerset was out with his young son just as it was dark and saw a very similar sight in the evening sky to what I had seen. Described by him as a completely circular shape orange/red in colour passed over Yeovil. Joe described it as a football shaped orange/red ball with no accompanying sound.

Thank you for your interest in this matter.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: