Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bright Light Spotted Over Northwestern France

Date: April 1, 2011
Time: Approx: 10:43 p.m.

Hi there, I have just been on the web searching for people who may have just witnessed something similar to what I've just seen, say 20 minutes ago - saw and came up with your sighting report.

Anyway, onto my sighting. I was out in the garden taking the dogs for their last ramblings before shutting them up for the night and was just gazing up into the night sky in an easterly direction, when suddenly out of my peripheral vision an extremely bright light appeared briefly for about 10 seconds and then dimmed and as it dimmed it slowly moved towards the northeastern horizon and expired.

It is a clear night sky tonight, with absolutely no light pollution of any kind. I live in the middle of the countryside and the nearest town is some 14 kilometers east of me. I fixed where I saw the light and the time.

Time wise it happened at 22:43 or thereabouts CET, and by a line of drawn from stars Shedir and B cas in Cassiopeia, it was located midway between stars Alderamin and n cep in the constellation of Cepheus.

I am no Astronomer, well I was interested when I was a kid some 40 years ago, but came in and triangulated it using Google sky.

This observation was made in northwestern France today the 01 April 2011, and no, it is no April fools joke, believe me, I know what I saw. The only explanation I have is that it could have been a satellite (quite a large one) which was rotating and reflected sunlight in my direction.

The sun has been down quite a time, but given the altitude if it was a satellite, this perhaps could have been possible.

Hope this is of interest to you. Regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: