Saturday, November 5, 2011

About 14 Orange Lights Over Auchtermuchty Fife Scotland UK

 
Date:  May 28, 2011
Time:  Approx: 11:10 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 3
Number of Objects: About 14.
Shape of Objects: Circular.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was using my PC and decided to close the blinds for the evening. On doing so, I spotted two steadily glowing orange lights approaching quite fast from approximately the south side of Pitlour Hill.

I rushed outside on realizing they weren't aircraft because of the colour of their lights.
The lights were not flashing and no sound emanated from the objects. They must have been approximately 150 feet up.

As they reached the south side of a hill, known locally as The Common, they changed direction from west to approximately northeast.

As this was happening, I observed more of these objects approaching from the same general direction.

I ran indoors to get my car keys to retrieve my binoculars and managed to observe these further objects.

As they turned, they changed from an elliptical shape to that of a circular shape. As they turned the lights disappeared and all I could observe was the dark circular shape.
In total, there must have been about fourteen of these objects all travelling about the same speed.

I would add that there was hardly a breath of wind with hardly any clouds. They completed an almost right angled turn.

One of the objects slowly lost height and made me think it was going to land in a field, but it continued over the hill I think. My reason for saying, I think is because of the very low light and the also the object.

I would estimate the speed to be approximately 2/3 the speed of an RAF plane on it`s approach to nearby RAF Leuchars. The airfield is about eighteen miles from Auchtermuchty, but in an easterly direction.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: