Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fast Moving Orange Glowing Object Over High Lane Stockport UK

Date: April 29, 2011
Time: Evening.

Hi, last Friday (April 29 2011) I witnessed the same phenomenon (I’m in High Lane Stockport). My first thought was that it was a military jet igniting afterburners, but it was far too close to Manchester airport flight path and approach, and not even close to Woodford approach. I ran to the west looking window and it suddenly shot skyward and disappeared.

If it was a jet with afterburners, why didn’t I hear the noise? Even here in High Lane, I can often hear the sound of commercial jetliners reversing thrust at Manchester airport. I estimate that what I saw was only 3 or 4 miles way and low on the horizon. I can’t believe that even if it was a military or experimental aircraft that it would have been allowed to fly in civil airspace.

Any ideas?

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: