Saturday, October 4, 2008

Wyton On The Hill, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England 20 Objects

Posted: October 4, 2008

Date: August 24, 2008
Time: 01.23hrs

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: About 20
Shape of objects: Round orange orbs
Weather Conditions: See description.
Description: 24th August 2008 – these are the notes that I wrote exactly after the event in the early hours of the morning.

Woke up to go to the toilet, looked out of the landing window and saw lights in the sky, (time about 01.00hrs) the lights were staggered higher to lower moving left in front of me, at the start I thought there was only 6 or so lights but counted at least 14.

I thought at first it was jets but were moving very slowly, so I went downstairs and had a look from the back door which I opened.

The lights continued along their way slowly and without noise for about 5mins.

I then thought they were Helicopters but again that many would have been very load, and they were very close, between Wyton and the sports field which is about 1 mile, the cloud is 10/10 seeing OK, I have never seen anything like this. I managed a couple of photos but they are not very good.

I would judge that the lowest light was lower or at most roof height. Again I would stress that there was absolutely no sound except the traffic on the road.

The wind is blowing right to left (Gusting) the lights moved in a forthright manner very controlled not moving out of station as a controlled unit. The lights were very bright. I have never seen anything like it before.

I would best describe them as orbs of light, in fact I was amazed as the closeness of the flying was fantastic as the main group in two waves was very close together.

The photos I took were the last 2/3 stragglers, (I tried to take video but they would not come out) hence the last min photos – note date/time on camera is wrong.

The time now is 01.57hrs

Temp 22° inside B/P 1018mb Temp out 16°

Note: the lights did not get faster or slower or deviate from their path. A very smooth continues movement. The lights were the same brightness viewed from the “Side” and the “Rear” which is very strange. I must stress that they made no sound.

I tried to take the video from the back door and the photos from the end of the path in the garden; I must admit taking the photos I became very afraid. Why??? Thinking about it I counted 14 in the main two waves, so there must have been at least 18 to 20 lights altogether as there was 3/4 stragglers.

Footnote: I am not a crank or a wishful UFO spotter, I am 40 years old and a former member of the Royal Observer Corps until they were disbanded, and I am also an amateur astronomer who has seen planets, stars and satellites moving around the night sky, I have also seen aircraft at night as the police helicopter is based within a mile of my house, the lights that I saw were orange and have no navigation beacons.

-----

UFOINFO Note: As with other similar reports I asked the witness to have a look at the UFO Balloons website to see if this is what might have been seen and received the following reply:

Hello John,

I've taken a look at the Video, I would love to say that's what I saw but no, the lights did not flicker and the wind was very gusty which would have moved them out of formation, also the lights that I saw were oval/round in shape almost like a street lamp.

I have seen these balloon lamps before, I used to fly remote controlled aircraft/gliders etc and a club member had some one night on a free flight night.

I noticed that I am not the only person to have seen these type of lights in our area, if you have a look at http://www.jeanlucbenazet.com/blog/?p=174 this web page you will note that others have seen something similar or the same.

Do you have any idea as to what these things were/are? I suppose that you get loads of crank stuff but I really did see this. I have taken a look at my photos in detail (for what they are worth) and I cannot see as much a shadow let a lone a frame or anything other than the light.

Thanks & best wishes.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: