Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bridlington, North Yorkshire, England 17 Objects

Posted: October 4, 2008

Date: September 4, 2008
Time: 7:00 - 11:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 17
Shape of objects: Dustbin shaped (the old metal kind )
Weather Conditions: Fine clear good visibility clouding over partially later

Description: About a year a go I saw a triangular object fitting the description given in the article 'August 3rd 1996 : A1035, Bridlington - Beverley, East Yorkshire, England'

2007 sighting:

I did hear a feint noise like a low pitched jet but the object was either very big or very low, there was a moving light which was associated with it but appeared to move around as though it was not mechanically attached to the main object, this made it difficult to determine the overall shape, the other 3 lights formed a triangle and were fixed. It moved slowly across the sky more slowly than an airliner approaching a landing strip, in a northerly direction roughly parallel to the A1038 I could see the object for about 10 minutes as it flew towards the priory church (you could see that it was at least the size of the church) where it turned to head west.

I told several people about this who were surprised that I didn't try to video it, (I usually video everything...doh) but I was confused about the shape of the object at the time, it was a while before I concluded that it was not a slow moving helicopter formation ( big enough but wrong sound and the untethered light would have caused damage to 2 of them on several occasions) there were no signs of normal aviation indicator lights all the lights were an orange/red colour except the white moving light. then I thought it was possibly an A.W.A.C.S. although I have seen one before at a low altitude it made much more noise and was a good deal smaller, also the moving light was not rotating as you would expect, nor could it have been a moving reflection on the radar disc (I am a trained artist/graphic designer, and I have spent a lot of time looking at shadows and reflections).

September 4th sighting:

One year on (roughly) and I hear the same distinctive noise, I rush outside, this time with my camera, but it is slightly overcast and I can't see anything, I waited a few minutes before getting back to work. I was going to tell my teenage children when they get back that I heard the noise again, but my daughter phoned to tell me to look outside as there are loads of slow moving 'dustbins' in the sky, by the time they got home (a 20 minute walk) they had counted 9 and we spent the next few hours watching for more, I think there were 17 sightings in all, but some could have been seen more than once, as they all look the same to me. It's possible that my triangular object was simply a formation of these, which is odd in itself as the binmen don't usually come 'till Monday.

TV/Radio: Not reported although 2 videos from around the same time have appeared on youtube.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: