Thursday, January 29, 2015

Cylindrical UFO Caught On Film Over South Perth Western Australia (Pictures)


From Brian Vike's UFO Files.

Date: April 18, 2010
Time: 1:08 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Cigar shaped, disc shaped?

Full Description of Event/Sighting: On the April 18, 2010, I attended the Red Bull Air Race in Perth, Western Australia. I am an amateur photographer, and was keen to get some shots of the show from the southern side of the river facing the city.

I took over 200 shots on the day, and whilst I noticed nothing at the time, I later found an object in 3 of the shots during post processing of the photographs (I saw nothing at the time, however given the speed of what appears in the shot, and with the viewfinder of my camera up to my eyes for much of the day, I wouldn't expect to see anything).


The photos were taken at 1:08 p.m., according to the camera timer. I took 3 photos in less than 1 second total, in accordance with the Canon 500D DSLR specs. Each of the 3 photos was taken at 1/80th of a second, in both JPEG and RAW format.

The 3 photos show a stationary news helicopter on the left, and a competitor's plane in the center which appears to hardly move in the 3 shots despite travelling at speed vertically, such was the speed of the 3 photos taken.

The object in the background (or is it a small object close to the lens?) baffles me. It appears to be moving very fast. It is either large, distant and extremely fast moving, or just the opposite.

It appears to have no tail such as a meteor might have, and in fact may also be travelling in a slightly upwards direction.

The photos were taken into the sun with a polarizer filter on, and with smoke haze from the aircraft, they did not turn out like I would have liked.

My only adjustments to them, however, relate to color and contrast, with no changes to the object in question itself.

This is the first time I have reported the photos as a sighting. A while ago I sent them to a Ufologist in Australia and the conclusion was that they may be an insect up close, in the absence of any other information.

I have my doubts however, to me it looks large, fast and distant. For that reason I have decided to report what I have, and let others decide.

Considering the kind of photo this is, following a fast moving stunt plane under such excellent lighting conditions across several frames and excellent information from the photographer, the unknown cylindrical object is clearly moving extremely fast -- the lack of blurring almost surely eliminates the possibility of this being a bug passing close by the camera (which can often create the illusion of a high speed craft covering great distances).

In this case also we have in the last frame the object much smaller showing it has moved further away from the photographer, and yetremains sharply defined. All in all, this is an excellent UFO photograph.

See the large versions of all  pictures at the Flickr site links below (once there, clock All Sizes for size options above the photos)

The photos are available on my Flickr account as follows:

Frame 1: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jomoboy/4789576909/

Frame 2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jomoboy/4790237058/in/photostream/

If anyone has had a UFO/UFOs sighting, please send me an email at sighting@telus.net or fill out the online UFO report form at http://sightings1.yolasite.com/ with details of what you saw.

Please remember to include the date and time and location. (Town/City – State or Province) and as much detail as possible.

Vike Factor Note: I do receive sighting reports from all over the world, and I post all of the reports I receive here: http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: sighting@telus.net or b_vike@telus.net

The Vike Factor -  Houston, British Columbia Centre For UFO Research. Canadian UFO Investigator Brian Vike.

No comments: