Monday, November 7, 2011

Orange Lights Observed Over Bracelet Bay Gower Peninsula South Wales UK

 
Date:  November 5, 2011
Time:  Evening.
 
Hi there, as I was at Bracelet Bay with my girlfriend (evening of 5th November), and we had to wait for the bus homewards, we saw, for sure 5 times, orange lights. They seemed to appear from the north, traveling towards sea (south). My guess was they flew above Gower, Southwest Wales-UK.
 
The lights were orange, not really bright, but constant (no flashing). At first we thought they were fireworks due to the remembrance day fireworks or fighter jets with afterburner on. I’m no expert in aviation, but I do know that planes have bright red, and flashing white lights.
 
Also the light traveled amongst a steady and linear path, which fireworks never do (curved path). Three of the lights traveled at the same path with intervals of say 5 minutes. The other two were lower on the horizon. The lights faded like, in a fraction of a second, as if they switched off.
 
Our location was Bracelet Bay. We sat on the parking lot of the restaurant at Mumbles lighthouse, and we looked westwards.
 
My girlfriend, living in Skewen (Wales), reminded me about the lights this morning, and mentioned she saw the same type of light from her bedroom window (eastbound, looking from Skewen towards Port Talbot) She said the light traveled the same direction, same colour, linear path and vanished after say half a minute. 
 
She said, if you saw it you would be sure it wasn’t fireworks at all. Of course it could be some sort of jet plane (my first thought)but we don’t know if there’s any base around the area.
 
I’m not saying it was an UFO in a way of spacecraft, but I’m sure it wasn’t fireworks, and for a plane it looked to odd, I mean in the dark one can make out the lights, and they don’t. switch off al in the sudden (my guess).

Hope it was detailed enough, at least it amazed us a bit while we waited for the bus. Fireworks were up here and there, so we had our eyes fixed on the sky. Cheers.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: