Friday, August 17, 2012

Strange Orange Light In The Sky Over Durbanville Cape Town South Africa


Date:  August 17, 2012
Time:  11:15 p.m.

Hi there, about a hour ago me and two other friends saw a strange orange light moving in the sky (south to north). I accidentally saw it, because my friend explained to me earlier that night that you can actually see the colours of the different planets.

We were on the hill in Durbanville and had a clear view of the whole Mother City. Being on the hill we saw a lot of airplanes and could clearly distinguish between the orange moving object and an airplane.

We were looking in the direction of the harbour, so the first thing I thought was, it's a flare. After some closer inspection, I could clearly see a "ploom - like" tail on the object. It was also flickering, but not periodically, inconsistently.

The flickering was not as if it was bright one moment and gone the next, it was bright and then more dim. From our perspective we could judge that the object was very high, because it looked just a little bigger that the bright stars surrounding it, but it was moving very fast.

We could see it for about 3 minutes until it suddenly vanished. I did not make much of it at the time, but when we came home, I decided to Google "Orange light in sky over Cape Town" and came upon a lot of posts with very similar cases.

I though it was pretty cool, and I am still trying to rationalize the situation. I will definitely be calling someone today to see if anyone can explain what we saw.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Also, please feel free to send in your sightings that have happened years ago. So many of these older sightings are nothing short of amazing.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

No comments: